Sunday, December 20, 2009

Flashback Challenge 2010

Complete




A truly great book should be read in youth,
again in maturity and once more in old age,
as a fine building should be seen by morning light,
at noon and by moonlight. ~ Robertson Davies ~

The Flashback Challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. It is hosted by Aarti at Booklust. This sounds like a fun challenge. I've been wanting to do some rereads so this is perfect! I'm glad I found it. I will list some of the particulars here but please click on the picture or the link above to read all the guidelines.

You can sign up for the following levels:
Bookworm - Up to three books
Scholar - Four to six books
Literati - Over six books

Within these levels, we have mini-challenges! These are:
1. Re-read a favorite book from your childhood
2. Re-read a book assigned to you in high school
3. Re-read a book you loved as an adult

I think I will choose the Scholar level - Four to six books
My Flashback reads for 2010:
1. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley (childhood)
2. The Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright (adult)
3. The Cat n the Hat(childhood)
4. Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett (adult)
5. Web of the Witch World by Andre Norton (High School)
6. Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot (Adult)

All of my 2010 Challenges are listed here.

No comments: