Sunday, December 20, 2009

Typically British Reading Challenge 2010

Completed!
This fun new challenge is being hosted by Book Chick City. Click on the picture to visit her for the complete set of guide lines. I have listed a part of them here:

Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
Details:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• "Put The Kettle On" – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• "Gordon Bennett" – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• "Bob's Your Uncle" – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• "Cream Crackered" – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction not non-fiction.

I'm going for "Bob's Your Uncle" just because I like that saying, it always makes me smile.

1.
Ravenheart by David Gemmell
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
3.
Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
4.
Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett
5.
King Rat by China Mieville
6. Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon, welcome to the Typically British reading challenge. I hope you have fun and discover lots of new British authors. Enjoy! :)

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I thought this challenge was a lot of fun. Like you, I finished it early -- it seems that many of the books I like to read qualified. Here is my list on Rose City Reader.

The books you read look interesting. I read P&P and Eye of the Needle. I am going to investigate the others right now.