The What an Animal Reading Challenge IV is hosted by Socrates' Book Review Blog. It began on March 1, 2011 and end on February 29, 2012. I'm entering just a little late. The rules are really simple, a short version of them is listed below. Please visit Socrates' Book Review Blog for the full set of rules.
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal
3. Challenge runs from March 1, 2011 to February 28, 2012.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
My Books: Each book is linked to its review.
1. Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin
2. Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck
3. Play Dead by John Levitt
4. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
5. Beaglemania by Linda O. Johnstone
6. Catalyst by McCaffrey & Scarborough