Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5x4 Reading Challenge 2011

This is a challenge I created for myself. I had True Crime in my categories last year but didn't read any. Maybe this year. I am still hoping to broaden my reading horizon. I have read the ones in blue and they are linked to my review.

1.Oprah's Book Club
a. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen

b. Giliad
c. One Hundred Years of Solutitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
d. Jewel by Brett Lott


2. Pulitzer Prize Winners
a. Olive Kitteridge

b. The Poisonwood Bible
c. Lonesome Dove
d. Gilead

3. Short Story Collections

a. Lone Star Noir
b. Tails of Wonder and Imagination
c. Death's Excellent Vacation
d. Crimes by Moonlight

4. Non Fiction
a. Travels With Charley

b. D-Day: the Battle for Normandy
c.
Decision Points
d. Against Medical Advice

5. Classics
a. Jane Eyre
b. Atlas Shrugged
c. The Black Tulip
d. Silas Marner

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a neat idea for a challenge, very reachable goals! I have Stealing Buddha's Dinner on my TBR shelf--thanks for reminding me about it.

Olive Kitteridge got such great reviews and well, the Pulitzer. But, my co-worker who read it had the same impression you did. Great writing, really really depressing.

Can't decide if I should pick it up. Wasn't Gilead great, though?